EventsWednesday, November 04 - Friday, November 06, 2015
Biogen site visit and shadow rotations
Cherié Butts, a panelist invited to speak at the 2nd annual Cornell BEST Symposium, has facilitated a site visit and shadow rotations with select partners at Biogen, matched with the specific interests of a select group of applicants, thanks to the energy and persistence of BEST Advisory Board member Kenneth Yancey.
A select group of BEST trainees from departments across campus (BBS, BEE, BMCB, BME, MBG, Pharmacology, and Chemistry) will travel to Biogen corporate headquarters in Cambridge, Massachusetts and start with
- A brief panel discussion that includes representatives from Biogen's Research postdoc program and Corporate Strategy postdoc program
- The shadow partner would either attend the panel event or pick up each student afterwards
- The student would spend the day with their Biogen shadow partner in research areas such as neurology, hematology, or immunology, and to learn more about the teams involved in biologics drug discovery, cell and gene therapy, epigenetics, medicinal chemistry, clinical trials, and more.
- We will survey the group to see what worked and what didn't
- In future visits, we might consider a second shadow partner on Day 2