EventsMonday, January 09, 2017
BEST site visit to P&G
We are extremely pleased to announce the recruitment of 2-6 BESTies to go on a site visit to Procter & Gamble's headquarters in Cincinnati, OH on January 9/10. Limited participation.
Selected to participate were (pictured l to r) Ornella Nelson (Chemistry & Chemical Biology), Erik Skibinski (Chemistry), Sabrina Kelch (Soil & Crop Sciences / Biological & Environmental Engineering), Michael Weiner (Physics), Alicia Cintora (Materials Science & Engineering), Evgeniya Nazarova (Microbiology & Immunology), and Bo Yang (Mechanical Engineering). [BESTies in bold]
Please note this visit is not for the purposes of job placement, but rather to learn about the career possibilities and evaluation of fit to this industry.
Criteria for selection:
- Within 1-2 years from graduation (preferably)
- 2 PhD students who are Chemical Engineers (or Physicists) with Modeling and Simulation background
- 4 students in any Ph.D. Physical or Life Sciences or Engineering field interested in a career in industry
- Preference given to BEST participants
Direct questions to Susi Varvayanis. Application is a short email describing why you are a good fit and how it will help your career decision, what you hope to get out of it. Include a short description of your research and how it relates to what PG does.
- Expressed interest in an industry career, motivation for why P&G would be of interest
- Willingness to meet Cornell alumni and network
- Ability to be open to new topics, accept that the visit's success will depend on your input & energy
- Attend a prep meeting for giving a 3 minute thesis presentation beforehand. You will be asked to give the flash talk during the visit
- Supply a one-page "Getting to Know our Cornell PhD Visitors" covering your research and personal life
- Provide brief feedback for posting on the BEST.cornell.edu website as a spotlight story